As Commercial Department, we develop innovative Daikin branded refrigeration units which are produced in Pegognaga (MN) plant and sold through our commercial affiliates and network all over the world.
Function and key responsabilities
As Junior Design engineer in our NPD Department, you will be involved in the development of refrigeration units, taking account of the product specifications and stakeholders’ requests.
You will formally report to the Commercial NPD Manager and work close with the NPD team members within Zanotti Group.
The core tasks will be the following:
- contribute to the project planning
- selection and sizing of system components (eg. compressors, heat exchangers, piping)
- refrigeration cycle definition and calculation
- 3D modelling, 2D drawing and BOM definition, coordinating internal and / or external designers
- collaboration with NPD Electrical Dept in order to define control algorithm and electronics
- preparation of prototypes and supervision of tests in collaboration with the Laboratory
- preparation of technical documentation (e.g. standards, technical file etc) and management in PLM system
- test supervision at external laboratories for product certifications (e.g. noise, EMC etc)
- continuous improvement of the product in collaboration with Quality and After Sales
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Energetic, Thermodynamics Engineering or similar
- Knowledge of both spoken and written English are essential for this position
In order to achieve the above, you need to have:
- basic knowledge of refrigeration circuit diagram
- basic capability to select and size all the main components
- knowledge of CAD software (Solidworks and/or Solidedge/NX are preferred)
- knowledge of Teamcenter PLM software will be considered a plus
You are our best candidate if:
- you have an hands-on mentality and an analytical mindset both on tools and methods
- you are driven to achieve the objectives successfully together with your team
- you are not afraid to communicate with different departments throughout the entire organization
- you enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, make priorities and meet deadlines
- you have the ability to react efficiently to occurring changes and problems
What we can offer
In Zanotti you will find a dynamic and informal environment, with a strong attention to the employees’ needs. Among the other opportunities: we can offer a permanent contract and a competitive compensation package, internal training and future growth opportunities within Daikin group, a company canteen and a variety of services provided by the corporate welfare.