Zanotti Spa, member of Daikin group, is an Italian excellence that designs and manufactures systems for food refrigeration from more than 50 years. Thanks to our innovative and efficient solutions, we can offer a wide range of services and cover the entire product lifecycle along the cold chain: refrigeration and storage, drying and curing, liquid cooling and storage, as well as refrigerated transport. Our success is based on the following main values: the continuous technological improvement, the customer listening and the attention to the environment, which allows us to develop increasingly advanced technology that minimizes waste while improving performances.
New Product Development (NPD). The Laboratory is responsible for the quality judgement of newly developed products. Our products need detailed verification, in order to validate their performance and reliability towards the wide application and operation area. During the development process, before mass production and launched in the market, the validation of product reliability is proven by testing and evaluation of prototypes.
Function and key responsabilities
The Lab Engineer verifies stationary and mobile refrigeration systems functionality.
The core tasks will be the following:
- participate in the specification and clarify judgement criteria of test results with NPD department, identifying bottlenecks and possible countermeasures
- match project status and test requirements with laboratory premises, instruments and personnel to plan the activity with the Lab Manager
- contribute to the improvement of internal test procedures
- give instruction and supervise the test preparation phase
- charge with execution and analysis of data, referring to complete units and/or components, providing a full report
- reporting on status and result of testing, participating in Design Review meetings
- MSc in Mechatronic/Automation/Electrical Engineering or Secondary School Diploma plus 5 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of both Italian and English languages
In order to achieve the above, you need to have:
- experience working in testing or development of refrigeration or air conditioning systems is preferred
- experience in data acquisition softwares such as LabView, TRNSYS, Matlab is considered a plus
- fundamentals of electrical/electronic circuits & diagrams
- PLC systems
- Knowledge/ability to use relevant instruments, such as: oscilloscope, powermeter, bus analyzer
- Knowledge of cloud systems, remote monitoring systems, communication protocols
- Software testing
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments concepts
You are our best candidate if:
- you are passionate about energy conversion systems
- you have an hands-on attitude
- you are comfortable working to tight timescales and under pressure
- you are diligent and able to present timely and constructive feedback
What we can offer
In Zanotti you will find a dynamic and informal environment, with a strong attention to the employees’ needs. Among the other opportunities: we can offer a permanent contract and a competitive compensation package, internal training and future growth opportunities within Daikin group, a company canteen and a variety of services provided by the corporate welfare.