Function and key responsibilities
Our department deals with process optimization, production efficiency and product engineering, according to Daikin PDS (Production Daikin System). The candidate will be part of the Engineering team and will report to the Head of the Engineering department at the Pegognaga (MN) plant.
The main activities will be the following:
- supervising the manufacturing processes, ensuring quality work is done in a safe and efficient manner;
- liaising with other departments to develop plans that improve production, costs and labour efficiency;
- diagnosing problems in the production line and providing recommendations and delivering training if/when required;
- identifying, documenting, and reporting unsafe practices in cooperation with Health & Safety department;
- cooperating with Health & Safety/Environment department to establish safety procedures and protocols that take the workers’ well-being into account and that also minimize the carbon footprint;
- keeping abreast of advancements in engineering and production and sharing knowledge with co-workers;
- drawing up production schedules and budgets for projects;
- scheduling meetings with relevant departments and stakeholders;
- analysing all facets of production and making recommendations for efficiency improvement;
- obtaining any materials and equipment required.
- high school technical degree and/or a degree in Mechanical or Management Engineering
- a good knowledge of both written and spoken English language
In order to carry out the above, it is necessary to have:
- good knowledge of IT tools such as Office, SolidWorks 3D, AutoCAD 2D
- good knowledge of the main industrialization processes and production flows (Lean production)
You are our best candidate if:
- ability to work in a team with a constructive and proactive attitude
- ability to operate independently while remaining coordinated with the rest of the team
- ability to interact positively with staff, to investigate problems and reports and to identify effective solutions
- flexibility and organization in managing routine activities and any emergencies that may arise
- willingness to travel for a short period, where required, for professional updates
What we can offer
In Zanotti you will find a dynamic and informal environment, with a strong attention to the employees’ needs. Among the other opportunities: we can offer a permanent contract and a competitive compensation package, internal training and future growth opportunities within Daikin group, a company canteen and a variety of services provided by the corporate welfare.
The research is aimed at both gender (L.903/77).