As Transport Product Development, we develop transport refrigeration units which are produced in the Pegognaga (MN) production plant and sold through our commercial affiliates all over the world. These products are the core of food distribution helping to keep the perfect temperature during the whole transportation.
Function and key responsabilities
As Senior Refrigeration engineer in our Development Center, you will be involved in the development of transport refrigeration units, taking account of the product specifications and stakeholders’ requests.
You will formally report to the Transport Refrigeration Manager and work close with the Transport Refrigeration team members within Zanotti Group.
The core tasks will be the following:
- select and size all the main refrigeration components (compressors, evaporators, condensers, valves…)
- execute numerical simulations of unit performance using both commercial and custom softwares, evaluating such as cooling and heating capacity, power and fuel consumption, suggesting countermeasures to reach product requirements
- implement new performance simulation tools
- check unit performance in collaboration with the Test Engineer, in particular: define test specifications, analyse results for performance tests, provide constructive feedbacks to design team
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Energetic or Aerospace Engineering
- Knowledge of both spoken and written English are essential for this position
In order to achieve the above, you need to have:
- previous work experience in the same role of at least 5 years
- knowledge of refrigeration circuit diagram, capability to select and size all the main components
- capability to execute numerical simultations of the unit performance
- experience in definining test specifications and analysing results
- knowledge of simulation softwares such as Matlab and VBA
We are eager to know people with a strong technical interest, willing to lead and follow-up a project. You are our best candidate if:
- you have an hands-on mentality and an analytical mindset both on tools and methods
- you are driven to achieve the objectives successfully together with your team
- you are not afraid to communicate with different departments throughout the entire organization
- you enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, make priorities and meet deadlines
- you have the ability to react efficiently to occurring changes and problems
What we can offer
In Zanotti you will find a dynamic and informal environment, with a strong attention to the employees’ needs. Among the other opportunities: we can offer a permanent contract and a competitive compensation package, internal training and future growth opportunities within Daikin group, a company canteen and a variety of services provided by the corporate welfare.
The research is aimed at both gender (L.903/77).