Zanotti Spa, member of Daikin group, is an Italian excellence that designs and manufactures systems for food refrigeration from more than 50 years. Thanks to our innovative and efficient solutions, we can offer a wide range of services and cover the entire product lifecycle along the cold chain: refrigeration and storage, drying and curing, liquid cooling and storage, as well as refrigerated transport. Our success is based on the following main values: the continuous technological improvement, the customer listening and the attention to the environment, which allows us to develop increasingly advanced technology that minimizes waste while improving performances.
As Transport Product Development, we develop transport refrigeration units which are produced in the Pegognaga production plant and sold through our commercial affiliates all over the world. These products are the core of food distribution helping to keep the perfect temperature during the whole transportation.
Function and key responsabilities
As Structural engineer in our Development Center, you will be involved in the development of transport refrigeration units, taking account of the product specification and stakeholders request. You will formally report to the Transport Refrigeration Manager and work close with the Transport Refrigeration team members within Zanotti Group.
The core tasks will be the following:
- develop the mechanical design in order to reach required product specification
- make structural calculations and FEM/FEA simulation of main components like frames, parts, piping
- define material selection in order to meet resistance, cost and weight constraints
- define necessary test and analyze results (eg. accelerometers and extension metric tests)
- solve joint problems with complex refrigeration systems, dealing with production, laboratory and engineering departments
- create bills of materials and reports
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Material Engineering
- Knowledge of both spoken and written English are essential for this position
In order to achieve the above, you need to have:
- a design experience of metal and plastic parts
- experience in FEM/FEA simulation both on static and dynamic conditions
- experience in SolidWorks and SolidWorks simulation tool
We are eager to know people with a strong technical interest, willing to lead and follow-up a project. You are our best candidate if:
- you have an hands-on mentality and an analytical mindset both on tools and methods
- you are driven to achieve the objectives successfully together with your team
- you are not afraid to communicate with different departments throughout the entire organization
- you enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, make priorities and meet deadlines
- you have the ability to react efficiently to occurring changes and problems
What we can offer
In Zanotti you will find a dynamic and informal environment, with a strong attention to the employees’ needs. Among the other opportunities: we can offer a permanent contract and a competitive compensation package, internal training and future growth opportunities within Daikin group, a company canteen and a variety of services provided by the corporate welfare.
*This vacancy is open to both recent graduates and candidates with experience.